View Single Post
Old 09-02-2020, 07:29 PM   #88
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Okay, that means it will be ~25 1/3 hours until he has recovered all powers, so 4 more meals.

Knowing that some people are likely to eat quickly and go, Day will work a bit past noon if Pothi will let him get away with it, and walks as slowly as he dares to the mess. To capture Pothi's attention (and distract him from the prospect of food), while they walk Day will ask him about Zorbani popular culture that he knows Pothi has strong opinions about.

[36] 20-09-02 00:22:05 CEST

Current Affairs (Zorbani Pop Culture) to come up with a subject that will engage Pothi's attention.

3d6 <= 16
5 + 1 + 1 = 7 ... success

Although he considers another visit to the kitchen, it might be viewed as suspicious, so he tries to find a table with few people, and scopes out the meal for psi-contaminants. How many people are seated near him?

I rolled fast-talk as well, as the pop culture is not enough to talk someone into doing something... though it certainly can help.

Pothi is hungry today. He's anxious to get to lunch. "Its time to eat! stop dragging your feet! we can talk about it on the way! Did breakfast make you sick or something?" He walks briskly towards the mess hall.

Daymar picks out a show with a controversial ending sounds out Pothi for a reaction. He gets one, but it fails to slow down the hungry spacer.

"come on, I've been on my feet all day!"

OCC: I feel somewhat conflicted about the roll: on the one hand, I don't want to slow the game down just asking you to make rolls in a two or three day exchange. On the other hand, you had a very minor chance to fail... and you didn't get to roll it. Let me know how you want that handled in the future

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote