Thread: Undistractable
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 02:46 PM   #3
malloyd

Default Re: Undistractable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCurwen3 View Post
Any ways this could be a problem? I'm thinking of treating this as a Resistant / Immunity thing. Not sure how to class "distractions that break Concentrate maneuver chains" though. Is it Very Common, or Common? I can't imagine calling it less than Common.
That sounds reasonable to me. On the other hand, taking Resistant from a Common immunity means 5 points buys you a +3, which does seem a bit cheap compared to stuff like High Pain Threshold [10] or +3 Will with a maximal (-80%) limitation [6], but not drastically so.

If actually being stunned doesn't break your concentration either, I'd definitely bump the cost to 30 though.

Quote:
Also, is "undistractable" the right word? Or "indistractable"? Or what?
Immunity to Distraction works for me....

Quote:
On the flip side, what would a greater Susceptibility to distractions breaking Concentrate be worth as a disadvantage?
Seems like a very limited form of Weak Will - since you'd want an integer value, the choice is between -1 and -2 points per -1 to Will rolls I guess. I'd go with -1, these aren't much more common than fright checks, and the consequences of failure are less, so matching Fearfulness is excessive.