View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014, 02:39 PM   #16
SCAR

Default Re: Capping Skill Default Levels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindri View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCAR View Post
The Rule of 20 [B173] limits defaults from high attributes.
Please do me the courtesy of presuming that I've actually read the default rules before going to the forums about a house rule. I'm familiar with The Rule of 20.
Actually I was as much responding to Tomsdad and Figleaf23 as to your original post.

You could equally apply the Rule of 20 (or 18, etc.) to Skill-to-Skill defaults.

As you have acknowledged, you didn't exclude skill defaults from attributes from your question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindri View Post
I realize now that I didn't specifically state this in the opening but my question is strictly in terms of defaulting from skills. I have other stuff in place for attributes.
And while I meant no disrespect to you (or anyone), its unwise to assume someone else has any specific knowledge. Plenty of time has been wasted discussing esoteric rules and options when a simple possibility was overlooked or forgotten.
Additionally, by referencing the basic foundations in a thread, anyone else who might come across this thread in the future won't miss out on a relevant point they might not already be aware of.
SCAR is offline   Reply With Quote