View Single Post
Old 10-22-2020, 08:16 PM   #25
kirbwarrior

Default Re: Passive intimidation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Lastly, Intimidation is not about just being scary. Its about getting what you want through being scary. You want them scared enough to do what you want but also convinced that if you do it they'll be somewhat ok.
Really, this. A person can make others fearful by doing nothing but walking down the road, but that doesn't mean the fearful will do what that person wants. You can point a gun at someone and yell at them to do something and they likely will do it, but Intimidation will make them too scared to think logically about it. Gangs use Intimidation not to merely scare neighborhoods (they're already scared) but to scare people into not calling the cops the next day. Same thing for other influence skills; You can be Very Beautiful or say a few simple lies or be agreeable but it takes skill to actually use them to make sure someone does what you want them to do.

http://forums.sjgames.com/showpost.p...&postcount=140

This post by Kromm might also help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imbicatus View Post
If all else fails, you can allow a Attribute Substitution perk to shift intimidation from will to ST or HT, but it will make intimidation skyrocket for the character.
Substituting ST is a pretty iffy area due to it being often allowed to go over 20 or 30 or even 100. But I definitely see HT making as much sense as Sex Appeal.
kirbwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote