View Single Post
Old 10-13-2020, 06:53 PM   #20
Ulzgoroth

Default Re: Passive intimidation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalin View Post
Unfortunately, in GURPS DF and DFRPG, the Barbarian template doesn't include the option to boost Will. Not that I'm unwilling to go off template, but this requires sacrificing other elements.

This is one of the very few things in DFRPG that regularly leaps out at me as a problem. I always presume that the burly violent types will naturally be intimidating, but none of them are. Holy Warriors are the only profession that is intimidating by default. If clerics drop a quirk point into the skill, they can be seriously scary. I'm good with intimidating clerics, but it does seem like something is missing for the martial types.
DF Barbarians have Intimidation, but they're only particularly good at it when taking advantage of the circumstantial modifiers that may accrue to being a questionably-civilized semi-giant hero with high pain threshold.

(Meanwhile if they don't want to be easy prey for mental magics, they are allowed to buy Magic Resistance.)