View Single Post
Old 11-05-2019, 09:54 AM   #10
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Collaborative Worldbuilding Threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daigoro View Post
So after a week on the space station thread, what do peeps think of the d6 sentence rule?
I like the effect of smaller answers. It spreads out decision making over more people and focuses questions. I think the setting is more diverse and more people are participating because of it.

Having played with it for a while, I think 1 sentence is a stronger limitation and will amplify the effects of the d6 sentences rules. 5 sentence answers often don't feel limited at all.

The short sentences have made it much more obvious when people try to go off on tangents and insert stuff that wasn't asked about. That isn't a problem the short answers causes. Short answers just makes it more obvious when its done, and it probably prevents it. Having highlighted that facet of the game, it makes me want to find a stronger fix for that sort of thing than we currently have. Without driving people away, of course.

I'm not sure if the policy has made the setting any easier to follow. We're trying to stick as much into our sentences as we can, and we've had a few misunderstandings.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote