View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 09:25 PM   #20
MagiMaster

Default Re: GURPS: Ecosystems and Evolution

(I'm still away, so I haven't really gotten any actual work done on this yet.)

Thanks for all the support. If I can make this fit into either format, I'll submit it and see how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaevictis Asmadi View Post
This would make an awesome Pyramid article or supplement and you should definitely submit it once it's finished.

I'm finding this paragraph difficult to understand and interpret. It would help if you could clarify how to calculate things. For example, is "3/4 power of its mass" = mass^(3/4)? And what are the proportions based on? For one thing, "cold-blooded" and "warm-blooded" are actually short-hand for a number of different metabolic traits that can each have a variety of values. Even the GURPS advantages and disadvantages related to them should really be divided up.
Yeah, 3/4 power of mass means mass^(3/4). I'm not sure of a better way to put that, but maybe I should just do what Space does and write out the equations.

I'm not sure what you mean by "what are the proportions based on". For most things like "warm-blooded" and "cold-blooded" I intend to use the alien rules, which covers things with a little more granularity than the disadvantage does. (I suppose for a standalone publication, I'd need to make it so that it doesn't really too much on Space, but for a pyramid article, you'd probably have to have that book to use this.)
MagiMaster is offline   Reply With Quote