View Single Post
Old 05-13-2020, 12:54 PM   #3
Rasna

Default Re: [Low-Tech] Combination Gadget and Armour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
Not really. The "shared housing" that, say, two layers of mail would have would be in the form of buckles, straps, and perhaps padding (I'm not certain if the weight of padding increases as armor gets heavier/thicker, but I kind of doubt it), and I doubt those amount to anything approaching 20% of the weight of the armor (and certainly aren't 20% of the cost). You might be able to get a little weight saving, but it's probably all beneath the resolution of the system.
Thanks for the answer. What about a helmet liner or an (Ordinary Clothing / Light Leather / Padded Cloth) integrated liner?* In case, the 80% on cost and weight would apply only to the liner and not to the helmet/armour.

* Yes, I know that "very thick padding under armour" wasn't a historical thing, but I consider the "very thick padding" being at least GURPS Light Layered Cloth (DR 2*). I'd consider GURPS Padded Cloth (DR 1*) as helmet padding and, if Expertly Tailored or Masterfully Tailored, as the thickest padding wearable under metallic armour without much discomfort.
Rasna is offline   Reply With Quote