View Single Post
Old 09-14-2020, 03:46 PM   #122
GnomesofZurich

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Yes, the ship is lousy with hydrogen brick containers, emergency supply stores, and all sorts of nooks and crannies to hide things in.
Great!

Quote:
I'm going to move the food routine to a once every three-days thing for Daymar (we've demonstrated how it works). Every three day period the rolls will receive a -1 penalty.
Is that a cumulative -1? Anyway, I'm hoping I'll soon be able to avoid it entirely, because with Mental Surgery 5 it becomes feasible to quickly give someone a variety of useful Delusions (Daymar is above suspicion; the flour is contaminated, throw it out; salt works as well as psi-suppressants, etc.).

Quote:
Ok, I got to see this... especially in a setting with actual reading of the future.
Day isn't necessarily saying he can really tell the future, but that this is something fun to try out...and an excellent excuse for making skin-to-skin contact to enable Mental Surgery!

Quote:
"wait up, I've got to come with you... Aw, you broke one of those?" Pothi will need to acompany you to requisitions anyway.
Okay, so Day needs to figure out how to make Pothi not suspicious of him. Since Pothi already thinks Day is a bit of a klutz, on the way to requisitions he will "trip" over something, and fall to the ground. "Can you give me a hand up?" When Pothi, hopefully agrees to help him up, he'll use Mental Surgery 5 to give him Delusion (Daymar is above suspicion), which I think would fall into the [-5] level, and Incurious (12) [-5]. Since my base skill is 18, this still gives him an effective skill of 16.

[64] 20-09-14 23:45:46 CEST

Mental Surgery to give Pothi Delusion (Daymar is above suspicion) [-5] and Incurious (12) [-5].

3d6 <= 16
5 + 1 + 6 = 12 ... success

Edit: I figured I probably should roll Acting for the trip/fall

[65] 20-09-14 23:47:55 CEST

Acting to "sell" his trip as genuine

3d6 <= 14
1 + 6 + 4 = 11 ... success