View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 08:50 PM   #1038
rlbeaver

Default Re: Report To The Stakeholders

For what it's worth since I'm not a regular here but still buy everything GURPS...

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
So: A few questions.

* How often do you visit the Steve Jackson Games front page/Daily Illuminator?
Almost never, I usually go right to the forums and to the Store on Thursday.

Quote:
* Do you follow any of our social media channels?
Yes, but honestly FB rarely shows your posts and I generally rely on the newsfeed, which is getting increasingly worthless to see things i'm interested in.

Quote:
* What can we do to put the news in front of you regularly?
Fans posting about the releases on rpg.net and here would alert me most often.

Perhaps adding an opt-in to our Warehouse 23 profile to allow you to send us announcements of new products (not for all publishers, just SJGames...Drivethru bombards me with emails).

If you are Kickstarting your releases, they allow you to send to past backers, I get these all the time and they're rather useful because I only back things I'm interested in.

Quote:
The world is a flood of information, and it is our job to make sure _our_ information reaches you. We have clearly failed in this instance, so we are left trying to figure out the best way to alert you to news about new games and expansions.
Game store/distributor system can be a problem. I either have to convince the game store owner that you're still publishing books, or their distributor claims not to carry them. I once heard that GAMA allowed you to access to their game store distribution lists, if that's true, perhaps that could help you reach directly to the game stores?