View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 03:30 PM   #4
UnknownMan

Default Re: Faster play rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by worms919 View Post
Just want to point out that when determining a Monster's base color, you get the DxM only when your color comes up on the Monster Die, not when you choose it because an invalid color comes up.
Thanks, i have now edited the original post.

Quote:
Also, this is one of the few instances that allow DxMs to be drawn by a player out of turn, so I think its a good rule to keep as it keeps players engaged out of turn.
Well, I still think that i would give you too may DxM cards. At the very least I personally would give the DxM card for EITHER the monster move turn or base selection, but not BOTH.

Quote:
The problem with two move for the whole game is if you get a -1 movement penalty from something your turns are really short. In a 6 player game it can be devastating. I prefer the 1st turn: 1 move, 2nd Turn: 2 Move, 3rd + Turns: 3 Move variant.

I kind of like that bonus treasure for matching base idea, I'll probably try that one...
A 6 player game where each person has 3 moves?? how many days does that take to finish? I have played 6 players only once. And after 6 hours we were unable to finish the game, and that was with 2 turns a piece. Nobody could win. one person would make it to the entrance and the level 20 monster would be pumped up beyond 40! wth 6 people, there seemed to be an ENDLESS supply of curses and Monster buffs.

I'm not trying to insult you here, but I would really like to know how you overcome that and win.
UnknownMan is offline   Reply With Quote