View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 07:32 PM   #17
DSumner

Default Re: Villains & Vigilantes is back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanj View Post
Well, dang.

Last I heard, V&V was about the only item being reprinted by FGU, and the only item for which royalties was being paid.

This really ticked off Jeff Dee, who was getting checks but would rather have his game back.

I know that FGU has been selling my old V&V adventures (Pentacle Plot, Deeps of Space, Opponents Unlimited), but haven't only not gotten a royalty check since 1987, but haven't heard anything from Scott since 1991. Really, it is the latter that ticks me off more. I don't need the money any more, but utter silence from a publisher who got me my start in the industry is kind of annoying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanj View Post
Oh, I tried friendly. I sent address updates when I went to grad school (and could have used the money) and moved to California and moved to Oregon.

I am really not all that motivated to go farther. I wouldn't mind getting the rights back so maybe Jeff & Jack could republish them, but only if it wasn't too much trouble. Rewriting that stuff would mean REALLY rewriting them. I wrote that stuff on a TYPEWRITER.
Not sure if you know it or not, but Jeff Dee & Jack Herman are trying to contact you. Shoot me a PM, and I'll give you the contact info.

"Death is certain, life is not."

"No one assails me without punishment"
DSumner is offline   Reply With Quote