View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 06:48 PM   #3
Christopher R. Rice

Default Re: [MH] Psionics and other questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derago View Post
1. If a guy wants to use telekinesis to choke a normal person, does that person have any possible defense? It seems unfair that a guy can just sit back and choke you out in a diner with no defense and no indicator of who's doing it. It's essentially a free attack with No Defense and No Signature!
Yeah, pretty much. But if said guy keeps doing that other champions are going to declare him a rogue psi and hunt him.

Quote:
2. Is there any penalty to constantly mind-wiping a person? In one case, a player was mind-wiping a guard when they were spotted, then mind-wiping him again as soon as he was seen again (only a couple seconds later), and then continued doing this so that the guard was never remembering what had just happenned. Keep in mind, there is no FP cost to this.
By the basic rules? I don't think so, but I'd probably give a -1 penalty each time after the first if done within 24 hours. Memories get wibbly-woobly when screwed with too much.

Quote:
3. Can mind-reading be used on animals? I'm currently ruling it as working at a penalty and then requiring an animal handling roll to interpret. Is this even close to the intent?
Mind-reading would give you basic emotions and thoughts like "hunger" "shiny object", and so on. You could do it that way though, Mind-Reading might even give a bonus to Animal Handling allow Powers Enhancing Skills from Powers.

Quote:
4. Another player is a Weretiger with Karate at DX+1. Does the bonus from Karate apply to his claws in animal form? While this doesn't make a ton of sense (he's not a character from Kung-fu Panda), the template doesn't offer any other skill to actually use his claws and I can reason that since his character is not a normal tiger, he uses his claws in ways unique from normal tigers (I might let another person familiar with big cats percieve the difference).
Martial Arts says GMs should allow characters with racial claws to use Karate normally (i.e., they get the bonus from the skill and karate). This is however, a optional rule. I personally use it in all my games, doesn't make sense otherwise.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote