View Single Post
Old 02-17-2016, 01:31 AM   #7
Polydamas

Default Re: Low Tech Structure Creation Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by VariousRen View Post
I'm a player in a low tech, low magic fantasy, and my character has had a long standing goal (quirk level obsession) to construct a castle of his own. That Other Game had a very well written supplement for building castles, forts, hideouts, ect. in the form of the Stronghold Builders Guide.

We thought about setting a conversion rate between the books (Initial talks lean towards a guess of about 1gp to $50), but the books make an assumption that magic is common and used wherever it's economical. Because the world we play in is low magic, this assumption doesn't hold.

Does anyone have any experience creating player structures in GURPS, either using SBG as a base or using other rules? If SBG is the way to go, does anyone have a reasonable conversion rate suggestion?

Thanks in advance!
Seconded GURPS Architecture. I would not assume that the 3e D&D Stronghold Builders' Guide has any connection to a reality outside the reality of game balance and maybe a Wikipedia page or two ... most game writers are not in to research, or don't know where to find sources.

This forum got less aggravating when I started using the ignore feature
Polydamas is online now   Reply With Quote