View Single Post
Old 02-09-2020, 05:59 AM   #2
Icelander

Default Re: [RPM] Cultists of the Cold Ones (Apocalyptic Cult of the Path of Nonexistence)

Ok, so I've got maybe about an hour and a half to finish up a list. Edit: The PCs succeeded awesomely last session, which led to them defeating He Who Hungers in the Deep and saving the lives of hundreds of people. However, because they did not have to chase Him Who Hungers down all the way down the coast to Indianola, but defeated him in Galveston Bay, they did not stumble onto these cultists during the session. Hence, I've got until next game session to detail the cultists, their harebrained scheme to take over Indianola for their sacrifice and how things might go wrong for them and alert the authorities, the PCs' Patron or both.
---

I'd really like some suggestions for names, refinements and anything else about these cultists.

They belong to the Keepers of the Last Hearth and are planning a ritual in Texas that would have catastrophic consequences if successful, unleashing the Harbinger of the Lords of the Last Waste into this world.

There are five leaders of the cult present in total, four human and one less so. These leaders are the most important for the ritual and each of them is a ritual magician of some power.

The four human leaders have twenty assistants, aides, bodyguards and other followers, most of them devoted cultists themselves. Then there are six pishtaco (fat-sucking vampire-like horrors in human shape) under the command of the sorcerous serial killer Pedro López, a pishtaco himself. Total 32 people-adjacent entities.

There were more associates involved in the logistics of this thing, including a transnational criminal organization of some sort referred to as 'The Consortium', but only the inner circle of the cult and their closest followers are meant to participate in the ceremony. Also, the local cadre of logistical supporters are thoroughly blown to the authorities and nowhere near loyal enough to be trusted with information about the new ritual location of Indianola. So, it's just these twenty-five cultists and seven human-shaped monsters.

I'll need names, background, notes, comments, suggestions and anything else someone feels like giving me. Here's what I've decided so far:

1) Hermana María Teresa Romero Borja (October 31, 1963; Bogotá, Colombia), a Roman-Catholic nun who has evidently lost her faith and gotten into some decidedly un-Christian stuff. Comes with a few personal followers who are actually competent and dangerous; three magicians and a former FARC guerilla and professional kidnapper turned ritual assistant and sacrifice procurer. Here is what I have on her so far and some questions.

2) [Need to firm up her background and need a name. Suggestions from forumites?]. An Asian-American in her early thirties from California, the leader of a small New Age cult that has turned pretty dark. Comes with eight followers of the sort that might end up in a typical California cult, i.e. not necessarily the most capable or sensible people. Details and questions so far.

3) [Still need a Chinese name; nicknamed 'Father Dragon' or 'Black Dragon Father', something of that sort, in either Mandarin or Cantonese, depending on where he's from] ([b. February 26, 1953; [need a birthplace]). A senior figure from the 'Red Dragon' criminal organization in Latin America and four of his associates. The most powerful boss on the western coast of South America and around the Andes. In his sixties and Chinese in ethnicity, but might be from Hong Kong or some other Pacific location with a Chinese ethnic community, rather than mainland China. What I have so far and questions.

4) Pedro Alonso López, the Colombian serial killer whom Wikipedia puts second as the worst serial killer of all time. After his (mundane) horrific career as a serial killer, López attracted the attention of plenty of dark spirits as the world became ever more supernatural in the 2000s and eventually learned ritual magic from a variety of sources (mostly spirits, but also some rogue magicians involved in criminal milieus).

Recently, Lopéz has gotten involved with some people that may be even worse than he is and ended up submitting to a ritual he might not have fully understood, which has made him a pishtaco. Leads six other pishtaco, who function as the muscle for these cultists, and who crossed illegally over the border from Mexico, after a long and tedious journey over Central America.

5) Fernando 'Nando' Acevedo Allende (b. December 14, 1978; Arica, Chile), a professional criminal, drug importer and human trafficker. Started out as a lawyer working for the cover business of an organized crime syndicate concerned with importing drug precursor chemicals from Asia, but discovered about a decade ago that he had a talent for ritual magic.* More of a crooked business executive than Tony Montana in Scarface, but has a few more violent assistants along, such as his driver/bodyguard, two of his top lieutenants (both minor ritual magicians themselves, as well as career criminals) and two enforcer types.

*In my campaign, underworld subcultures are even more superstitious than in our world and within the last decade or so, many traditional organized crime groups have been taken over by supernaturally-influenced people or beings.

Last edited by Icelander; 02-14-2020 at 05:18 AM.
Icelander is offline   Reply With Quote