Thread: Art for games
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 01:18 PM   #34
Icelander

Default Re: Art for games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Skarr
Oh, yes! And I'm only arguing with you because it's fun. I love physics and science, but I also know that comic books and even movies don't necessarily understand the laws of physics. And, as Ghost and Monkeyfist keep pointing out to me "Think of the Catgirls."
HAH!!!

I'm mopping up the despicable little furries by the busload! It's a regular ethnic cleansing!

If I keep doing this long enough, I'll amass enough XPs to reach 20th level as a Paladin and will be able to kick the Demogorgon's posterior! ;)

[QUOTE=Mark Skarr]Well, yeah. I never said the guns were easy to carry. She's just got the innate ability to carry them.
Then give her such an innate ability on the character sheet. That would fix my plausibility gripe.

If she's got a super abilty to carry big guns, there's no longer an inconsistency.

Quote:
Here is the actual gun that the GM (Monkeyfist) said she had, "or close enough." It's 14+1, I thought he had said 15+1. I can go back and adjust her character sheet in the future.
Para-Ordnance is not COLT!

*takes a deep breath*

I'm calm now.

Quote:
Which, in and of itself, will assist with recoil compensation. As Glock said, a compensated gun reduces recoil down to where it's a suitable firearm for a child . . .. Thinking that children need handguns must make them think that here in the US we're all a bunch of gun toting cowboys . . . now where did I leave my hat and horse?
Marketing claims. It's bollocks.

It will substantially reduce felt recoil, but it won't eliminate it. And kids generally don't have much arm strength (like your anime girl).

Maybe a kid could brace and fire such a gun with training, but it could never fire it with one hand while flying through the air. ;)

Quote:
I would agree with you (on the rapid fire bit, I've fired some amazingly balanced and compensated guns in my time), but she's in a supers game so a little bit of reality-warping is par for the course. I wouldn't put her in a realistic game . . . I wouldn't even think about it.
Tell whomever is playing her to get a smaller caliber gun. More ammo, less kick and the since she's supposed to be some kind of super-shootist, she won't have to worry too much about terminal ballistics or penetration. She'll just shoot them in the eyes. ;)