View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 01:04 PM   #33
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

Default Re: Art for games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander
You do know that I'm nitpicking for the fun of it, right? ;)

But oddly enough, sins against plausibility do turn me against certain genres and worlds.

I can accept magic, dragons and such; as long as they are internally consistent. But setting something in a world which has evolved precisely like ours (or even purports to be like ours), but then doesn't obey the most basic physical laws, is too much for me.
Oh, yes! And I'm only arguing with you because it's fun. I love physics and science, but I also know that comic books and even movies don't necessarily understand the laws of physics. And, as Ghost and Monkeyfist keep pointing out to me "Think of the Catgirls."

Quote:
Double-stack magazine, fat grip.
Well, yeah. I never said the guns were easy to carry. She's just got the innate ability to carry them.

Quote:
You could modify a GLOCK 21 to carry 15 rounds, but it wouldn't exactly be practical or comfortable unless you had huge hands.
Here is the actual gun that the GM (Monkeyfist) said she had, "or close enough." It's 14+1, I thought he had said 15+1. I can go back and adjust her character sheet in the future.

Quote:
Pistols with a 15 rounds of 45. ACP are going to be hefty. It's just physics. No matter for whom they are designed.
Which, in and of itself, will assist with recoil compensation. As Glock said, a compensated gun reduces recoil down to where it's a suitable firearm for a child . . .. Thinking that children need handguns must make them think that here in the US we're all a bunch of gun toting cowboys . . . now where did I leave my hat and horse?

Quote:
And no recoil compensator is going to make the .45 ACP managable for someone as strong as the average 13-year-old girl (I would guess), not in rapid fire (which she will probably do) with one hand and while not in a proper shooting stance.
I would agree with you (on the rapid fire bit, I've fired some amazingly balanced and compensated guns in my time), but she's in a supers game so a little bit of reality-warping is par for the course. I wouldn't put her in a realistic game . . . I wouldn't even think about it.
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote