View Single Post
Old 03-28-2023, 02:51 PM   #202
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Mageborn are like Coins - Worldbuilding TL 3

Minus-15 "spent coins":

• Garrit (25 points, Age 35): seek earth(1), shape earth (1), earth to stone -12 (16), Seek Pass (1), Walk Through Earth (1), Earth Vision (1), Essential Earth -9 (4)
  • Jannete (19 points, Age 30): Seek Plant (1), Identify Plant (1), Heal Plant (1), Bless Plants -12 (12), [Either Plant Growth-10 (4) or seek earth (1), shape earth (1), Seek Pass(1), Earth Vision(1)]
  • Ressie (9 points, age 27): seek earth (1), shape earth -12 (4), architecture -12 (4)
  • Giles (9 points, age 19): Seek Plant (1), Identify Plant (1), Heal Plant (1), Bless Plants -10 (4)
  • Cathoair (16 points, Age 27): Shield-12 (4), Knife-10 (1), and [Itch(1), Spasm(1), Pain(1), Stun-12 (4), Hair growth-12 (4)] OR [Ignite fire (1), Create Fire-12 (4), seek earth(1), shape earth-12 (4), architecture-11* (2)]
  • Llenlleawg (3 points, Age 12): seek earth (1), shape earth (1), earth to stone (1)
notes:
  • Ressie's first child is at 19. If we say that she was trained as a full mage (half of all points towards proffession) up until that point, she has 8 points of uninterupted training. Which is to say, she can be a house-making machine. Puts a whole new meaning to the term "Home-maker". I feel like I can justify at least one more point in the subsequent years.
  • Essential earth is a tricky spell to get: It has a LONG prereq chain of 6 spells, and its never the TOP priority to get.
  • Bless plants is weird, because you never want to be without it, but you also really only need one caster.
  • Ceremonially casting Plant growth at skill-10 might be viable, because failures only cost a quarter of the possible FP.
  • Cathoair has some very interesting choices. I'm not sure which way is better. I do know that giving him those two are better than trying to work him towards essential earth. I gave him the minimal needed to stay alive in combat. I'm actually not sure if the stun build or the create fire build is stronger.
  • I'm going to have a LOT more magic available in 15 years.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 03-29-2023 at 01:08 PM.
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote