View Single Post
Old 04-15-2021, 08:06 AM   #2
petrovski

Default Re: Campaign Prospectus

Hi there,

I'm certainly interested in gaming - and actually all three sound pretty cool. Though I'll go through my general considerations for which I would like to play in order of desirability (from my perspective).

3) The Elemental Gauntlet:

As much as I love combat in GURPS and have yet to really explore DF in a deep way I think the 'one-shot' crawly nature of it leaves some of the more RP aspects to be desired. I don't doubt that awesome situations and RP could exist here but I think the facility for 'character arc progression' is limited. It seems to me like a 'multiple situation combat simulator' in effect - and that is awesome for playing with different builds or at the granularity one doesn't often see in PbP. I would certainly play, and definitely enjoy, just when compared to the other two I think it's the least.

2) Corco's Villa:

Well, again what's not to like about this? You could arguably be anything you can dream up in terms of character. One can also feasibly end up in almost any situation in any environment on a mission. This feels like the Elemental Gauntlet with just more options available. The 'mission' objective also feels like there could be more of a nuanced RP experience than speed-dungeoning through a level of sorts. Again, would be happy to play this.

3) Infinite Realms:

I think, while the scope of this game feels quite simlar to Corco's Villa, I think the options are reigned in a little - as cool as it might be to play a Jedi and a Dragon and Vampire in a party - the slightly more streamlined world kind of gives a stronger sense of 'the known universe'. Coupled with the fact that I get a very (not)X-Com vibe from it, I think it takes the winning spot for me. Having said all that, I think every setting is quite cool and would be fun to play. If you want to focus on fantasy and less guns/tanks/etc, then better for the Elemental Gauntlet. IF you want something more modern then Infinite Ruins. If the idea of "go for broke" and having people play with whatever idea they can muster, in a blend of sci-fi/fantasy/etc. then I think Corco's Villa is the best.

I hope this helps
petrovski is offline   Reply With Quote