View Single Post
Old 04-23-2018, 03:01 PM   #5
Brandy

Default Re: Curse of "Suffers extra Damage on Hit"

Now that I'm home and have my books...

I realize that it isn't exactly "Take 1d6 Injury whenever x happens" but when I'm trying to emulate abilities from other sources, I tend to look for a simple implementation of the broad idea rather than an exact copy. I think I'm going to actually add this as an ability in my game. This is my build of this general idea with modifiers specific to my setting but I think it works. It's probably not what you're looking for, but others may find it of interest.

Also, I know that if I post it and have made any mistakes with the implementation or the math, someone will let me know. So there's that. :)

Sunna's Mark [14] (Note: I use multiplicative modifiers.)
Select an enemy and take a concentrate maneuver. Win a contest of Will+Talent versus Health, modified by regular range modifiers. If you win, your target will be stunned until they can make a HT roll. In addition, they will shine with Sunna's light and become vulnerable to melee attacks for 3 seconds per point by which you won the quick contest. While under the effects of Sunna's mark, multiply all damage which penetrates DR x2 before applying wounding modifiers for damage type or hit location. Sunna's mark has no effect on ranged attacks.
Affliction: Vulnerability (x2, Melee Weapons), +40%, Noisy (Vision) +3, +6%, and Stunning, +10%; Malediction II, +150%; Reduced Duration 1/20, -25%; Divine, -20%; Costs 1 FP, -10%.