View Single Post
Old 11-24-2017, 03:23 PM   #48
JazzJedi

Default Re: Defense bonus and ATR

ATR is the most underrated power in the Basic Set and should realistically come a lot of extra bonuses and advantages. The advantage in combat of having twice the reaction speed, twice the physical speed, should be overwhelming to normal people - who would move like slow zombies by comparison with even AT1-2.

I also think that for realism, AT would give higher DX, ST, extra Striking ST, and some damage resistance. The ability for muscles to move a character 2x faster means muscles must be much stronger, bones must be stronger, etc. Muscle-powered strikes would also be much faster than most strong characters, giving extra Striking ST. Also, powerful muscles would give some DR (Thick Skin, or Crush Only).

A character with AT4 (moves 5x faster than a normal person) should be able to punch 5x harder than a normal character (or 25x harder if you use Kinetic Energy as the measure of punching power rather than momentum).

In my super campaign, each level of AT includes Enhanced Defenses +1, +2 ST, +3 Striking ST, +1 DX, and +2 DR (Thick Skin, -40%). For living creatures, one level of Increased Consumption per level of AT is appropriate.

Anyway, I could go on and on. AT is powerful!
JazzJedi is offline   Reply With Quote