View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 10:58 PM   #34
kirbwarrior

Default Re: Altered time rate /Great Haste question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
Yes, it is a weird trait which represents somehow taking extra manuvers in combat without the side effects which should probably follow with such an ability.
One example of a non-speedster taking ATR I see thrown around a lot is a robot that can multitask perfectly well but doesn't actually move that quickly. The ATR is usually limited with "Can't take the same maneuver" or "Can't use the same physical parts" (which is simplified into things like "moving uses legs" and "attacking using only the attacking limb" even though both are probably full body movements).

As for waits, the only people who are going to do these waits are the same people who know that these waits would work against the speedsters. Plus, actual speedsters should take ETS, and might even use the Impulse Buys effect to have a turn outside of time. Both of those will severely outdo any mundane fighter. You're even guaranteed the first turn of combat that the enemy won't be Waiting (or might not even know combat is happening).
kirbwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote