View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 12:40 PM   #55
Not another shrubbery

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrock1031
Angel

Advantages: 3D Spatial Sense [10]; Appearance (Handsome) [12]; Charisma 2 [10]; Combat Reflexes [15]; Enhanced Move (Air) 1.5 (Air Move 36/72 mph) (Mutant Biology, -0%) [30]; Fashion Sense [5]; Flight (Winged, -25%; Mutant Biology, +0%) [30]; High Pain Threshold [10]; Independent Income 10 [10]; Status 1 [0]; Wealth (Wealthy; Heir to Filthy Rich) [35].
Just as a point of possible interest: I don't think there's a real value to the designing of characters with the intent that their point value be a round number. I have been known to do the same thing (in my write-ups on the old GoO boards), but I try to stay away from it now, preferring to just assign values that feel right and let the points fall where they may. The tendency to tighten up the design while going back over it in an effort to smooth out the point total can be duplicated with an ordinary review process. JMO... certainly, the aesthetic appeal of round numbers might be reason enough for some.

The Official Handbook is not in my library anymore, and my memory of it is quite vague. I notice that you don't accord Warren many of the advantages normally associated with Flight (particularly at high altitude) such as: Acute and/or Telescopic Vision, Doesn't Breathe, Nictating Membrane, Temperature Tolerance, and Vacuum Support. I imagine at least some of those were left off intentionally... Were they all?
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote