Thread: New Spell?
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 05:11 PM   #5
Skarg

Default Re: New Spell?

Yeah, I have kind of wanted the "Face Rip" spell, too...

I've also sometimes just thought it might be an artistic rendering of the Death Spell.

Or possibly, of a myrmidon being summoned... the body and sword appear, and a soul having the nightmare experience of being wrapped onto it.

Or it could be a new spell. Looks like victim probably drops their weapon and falls, or has to roll to avoid doing so as their senses of vision, smell and taste are torn into an illusionary experience.

In that form, it wouldn't seem to me even as powerful as the Freeze spell, depending on what can resist it (maybe disbelief at 3/IQ or 4/IQ?), and what the ST cost and duration are like.

So, for example:

IQ 12 Face Rip (T) (Prereq: Illusion?)
Appears to spectacularly rip the face off the target into a floating sphere. The victim's face appears to have no eyes, nose or mouth, and the face in the sphere probably looks horrified. The victim becomes blind (as if in complete darkness, -8 DX & other effects described in Advanced Melee), anosmic, and unable to speak, and must roll 3/IQ or drop whatever they are holding and fall to the ground. Others nearby who do not know about the spell may be horrified. Can be disbelieved by the victim or by observers, on a 4/IQ roll.
Cost: 3 ST
(like other illusions it lasts 12 turns, can be renewed)

Might seem pretty powerful, but compare to IQ 12 Freeze (4 ST).
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote