Thread: ... for an elf
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2019, 01:03 PM   #9
NineDaysDead
Banned

Default Re: ... for an elf

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeiLin View Post
Let's say there's a race that has a binary* advantage/disadvantage, but I want to emphasise that this particular character is "even more" of this. If it's negating the racial trait, it's just a matter of having the "anti-advantage/-disadvantage", but to increase it would you let the character take it again and let it stack (even though it's not allowed per RAW), do you invent a new ad/disad to increase it "in spirit", do you simply forbid it, or how would you solve it?

Say for instance a race has High Pain Threshold (some brutish Orc race, for instance), but I want to have the most fearsome Orc warrior around, and the human equivalents would have High Pain Threshold to explain why the individual has excelled where normal specimens have not (in the arena, in bar brawls, etc). It's technically stackable, so what would you say about this example and more generally?

* By binary, I mean either you have it, or you don't, like Catfall, not a discrete multi-level feature like Appearance or semi-continuous like Night Vision. I don't know if there are any established words for that in this context.
Very High Pain Threshold and Immunity to Pain can be found in Divine Favor and Powers the weird.

for a binary trait, I'd enhance the hell out of it with enhancements. E.G. For Catfall that might add Feather Fall +20% and Cosmic No Roll +100% etc...

Last edited by NineDaysDead; 07-17-2019 at 01:17 PM.
NineDaysDead is offline   Reply With Quote