View Single Post
Old 06-01-2021, 12:56 AM   #29
Tymathee

Location: I'd rather be alone than be with people who make me feel alone.
Default Re: [DF] A Portal Fantasy within a Dungeon Fantasy: Where's Alice?

Her point total is a red herring, so fixating on it has very quickly diminishing returns. I could've simply said she does what she does with a higher abstraction of stats for a simplified small stat block for a NPC but she's intended to adventure alongside the PCs for the latter half of my Dungeonland arc; a detailed sheet is of use in this case for an NPC of this importance. There's nothing more to it than that. I would advise anyone to not read too deeply between the lines about my preferences for notetaking (on that note, my Designer's Notes are just my thoughts in brief and not to be interpreted as completely comprehensive legalese for use in play... this seems weirdly specific to be mentioning but it appears to me it is necessary).

I honestly was going to write up more paragraphs to follow that but I do not think it is a good use of my time to write a fully-detailed essay on why there is an absence of issues with my methods of running her as an NPC. Quibbling over the ethical implementation of NPCs in this case is not productive.

Anyways, I would like to focus on other matters. I like her skill list as is... I think what's left is to just suss out out the niche-case but still important skills that she could have. I actually really like the idea of Traps (Detect Traps) as a legitimate specialty of the Traps skill.

I'll get around to her equipment load out eventually, it's just not a priority as of now. The Vorpal Blade needs to be written up in GURPS terms. I think the main concern there is stat'ing up those magical abilities it has as described in the module.
Tymathee is offline   Reply With Quote