View Single Post
Old 05-13-2023, 11:43 AM   #1389
baakyocalder

Default Re: Report To The Stakeholders

Good to see the release of the 2022 stakeholder report. Glad to see the lights are staying on without major cuts in difficult times.

I appreciated the comment on the small loss on income tax returns--basically breaking even with some losses on unsalable inventory was a concise and transparent explanation.

With the gaming industry currently waiting to see what's going on with Hasbro's new D&D venture and how Hasbro will show it is not a nice company, focusing on a rebuild in 2023 is a good first step.

I'm hoping the digital work proceeds better. Shopify can do a lot of things, but the Warehouse 23 integration hasn't been smooth. Kinda of expected, as taking one of the first online game sales platforms to something new with thousands of titles is a major undertaking. . . I don't have a 3D printer, but was glad to see 3D cars for Car Wars and other STL file projects. For gamers, being able to get minis digitally really cuts out shipping costs if they need good representational figures but don't want to deal with mass-scale production and shipping.

I buy Steve Jackson Games products mainly for use in other games, as the research quality for GURPS is awesome. That being said, having some kind of VTT support through quality licensees, something like what is done with GURPS Character Assistant, would be very helpful.

And I like GURPS and other games being on Drivethrurpg.com; this is another sales channel for Steve Jackson Games and links to some RPG discussion sites, so I can link directly to the page there or say 'buy direct.'

May Phil get to enjoy some time on his projects and Meredith step well into her new role. And I'm interested to see the Sekret Project revealed. . .

Waiting For: Schedule Sanity to Play Car Wars and my Fnordcon special alt Car Wars cards!
baakyocalder is offline   Reply With Quote