View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 09:04 AM   #57
Icelander

Default Re: The Supernatural and the International Situation and National Reponses

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwcamp View Post
I could easily see the Hindu-nationalist Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) that currently controls the government in India to unofficially encourage and support magic workers that explain their powers with reference to Hinduism and traditional Indian Hindu beliefs. Acknowledgement might not be consistent - the party may not have a public platform regarding the supernatural, but many high ranking members would express open belief, and point to many of the miracles and powers of modern magicians as justification of their beliefs. This official encouragement would lead to many magicians and holy men coming public (and some of them might actually have genuine powers), with many seeing occult power as a way of currying favor with or rising in power among the BJP.
Excellent. This sounds great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwcamp View Post
Given that one of these vile vorticies sits smack in the middle of India, this could lead to explosive results.
Is it?

The Mohenjo Daro / Rama culture / Indus Valley Vile Vortex is apparently located somewhere in north-western Pakistan, judging from the areas that are definitely located within it.

But what are the exact geographic extents of it and how far does it extend into neighboring countries, including, for example, India?

I'd personally want to fit as much of the Himalayas as possible into there, while still getting most of the historical Indus Valley civilization, but assuming that we're working with a lozenge the same size as the Bermuda and the two African ones, I don't know how well it would fit.

I really should get some sort of map computer program where I can easily plop shapes and stuff into it.

Last edited by Icelander; 01-10-2019 at 09:12 AM.
Icelander is offline   Reply With Quote