View Single Post
Old 12-18-2021, 07:40 PM   #19
Varyon

Default Re: I'm starting to hate THE WITCHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane View Post
It is if you buy a Side Effect for it, so you could do some token SE to make it matter.
A No Wounding attack with a Side Effect isn't a knockback-only attack. But, yes, Innate Attack 2d cr (Double Knockback +20%; Side Effect: Stun +50%; Armor Divisor (0.1) -70%; No Blunt Trauma -20%; No Wounding -50%) [3] is clearly better than Innate Attack 2d cr (Double Knockback +20%; No Blunt Trauma -20%; No Wounding -50%) [5] (the former is every bit as effective as the latter at knocking foes back, and also has a chance of stunning unarmored foes), so it costing less is part of the problem I don't have a proper solution to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane View Post
Also "hurting yourself" applies to ST-based unarmed attacks, so having DR multiplier on your ST-based damage makes it possible to hurt yourself on stuff w/ DR 1 or 2 instead of 3.
Hurting Yourself doesn't apply to Shoves, so there's no reason to assume it would apply even in the extreme edge case of someone using Modifying Unarmed Attacks to make their unarmed attack have No Wounding. Also, DR in Hurting Yourself is being used as a proxy to determine how hard the target is (hence why Tough Skin DR doesn't count) - the fact your attacks have poor performance against armor shouldn't mean said attacks are more likely to harm you, so even with unarmed attacks that don't have No Wounding, you should still only take damage when striking something that actually has DR 3+, not "effective DR 3+ when considering my marshmellow-fists can't get through armor."