View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 11:02 PM   #14
JLV

Default Re: IQ for Fatigue…?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatDeath View Post
...Squishing that complex invisible mathematical shape until it's just mostly IQ damages the very heart of the game design.
Of course this completely ignores the fact about ST being necessary to absorb damage (from both magical and mundane means), or that DX is necessary in order to successfully cast the spell in the first place. (All the power in the world isn't much use if you can't hit the broad side of a barn). Putting the emphasis on IQ for magic actually just puts it on an equal footing with ST and DX. Naturally, YMMV and all that, but I'm just saying that I agree with Firehorse's comments on this subject and explaining why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatDeath View Post
If you're looking at your wizard's strength and thinking of it in terms of how many damage points thrown downfield it translates into, you may not be approaching the build properly.
In my experience, everyone's "ideal build" is different, depending on their play style. I've never personally found a Platonic ideal build (though I've found several builds that I prefer to play), and I don't really think there is a "wrong" way to do it, honestly -- and that's the true beauty of TFT as designed IMHO.
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote