View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 04:48 PM   #79
StevenH

Default Re: Mageborn are like Coins - Worldbuilding TL 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal View Post
Show of hands time, and special requests time...

How many people here want a "Village" to oversee at this point in time?

Next question...

How big of an acreage do you want for your village?

So, if we have say, three people who openly participate in this, and maybe one more privately participating - I'd need to generate 4 manors, for village censuses for your own private use.

If you are involved in running a manor, then you will need to decide your current age for your character, along with your marital status, and whether or not you have children within your family etc.

In general, Labor pool for all of the manor (including labor that can be used for things OTHER than what the lord needs or the familiy needs for their immediate holdings) is determined as 500 days per family IF there are two adults involved (ie husband wife) etc. Presumably, then, each adult can give up to 250 work days overall.

Count me in (although I think you already knew that). As for size, I'll take as large a size as I can get away with. But really, I'll take what I can get, and work with that.

High Lord of the Manor parameters: Age: 41. Married, 3 kids that survived past age 5 (we'll assume 2 died in early childhood/stillbirths).

Are the number of families on the fiefdom standardized at 56? or is there some variance? Again, I will take whatever I get.

StevenH

My current worldbuilding project. You can find the Adventure Logs of the campaign here. I try to write them up as narrative prose, with illustrations. As such, they are "embellished" accounts of the play sessions.

Link of the moment: Bestiary of Plants. In a world of mana, plants evolved to use it as an energy source.

It is also the new home of the Alaconius Lectures, a series of essays about the various Colleges of Spells.
StevenH is offline   Reply With Quote