hal

Default Re: Mageborn are like Coins - Worldbuilding TL 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
count me in!
Counted.

Quote:
That's up to us? I suppose it is. What size range are you looking at? And why are we going for acreage instead of head count?
Head count and Acres are intermixed. If you are willing to take what I give you, that is fine. If you want more acreage, that in turn means more headcount as it were. If you have more acreage, that means too, that your Reeve will be sending more of your production to your Liege lord. A larger manor will also mean you have to have more "Military" individuals ready to go to war if called upon. It likely won't be an issue in this case, but the capacity has to be present.

Quote:
We're running this part as well... hmm. I'm not enthused, but roll me up a family the same way you would any other NPC. You have a family generation method, right?
I can easily generate a family. Some people LIKE to be able to detail things.

If you want to see what a really interesting way to generate family data can be like, try this link to a free PDF. It is used by people who enjoy HARNWORLD, and is the basis for the stuff I've been doing for determining ages and probable death dates for these NPCs.

Nutshell description: Roll 1d1000 for various aspects. Start with the Woman's age. Her husband will likely be Older than she. Then determine at what age her firstborn child will be born. Each subsequent child born will be staged at intervals that are randomly determined. Each Child's lifespan will also be generated. So, if for instance, you decided your "Knight" is not married, then no wife, no children. If you decide your Knight is Married, then he's got a wife etc. If you picked your age as 32. I'd be able to determine your wife's actual age, not on a random table roll, but by use of the rules given for determining the husband's age as being wife's age plus a die roll. I'd simply use the same die roll, subtract it from your age, and get your wife's age. Boom - that starts the point at which the babies are born etc.

Quite nifty. A fair number of PDF's at the HARNWORLD forums are FREE as they are labors of love by those at the forums.

https://www.lythia.com/game_aides/family-trees/

There is an adventure called the EARL'S PROGESS that you may want to try and look up from this same location. Well worth it in my opinion as something worth GURPSifying and then springing on your players if you like being a GM. If not, then perhaps point your GM towards it and see if he likes it enough to spring it on you. As it is a mystery style adventure, please don't read it if you're not going to GM it. ;)
hal is offline   Reply With Quote