View Single Post
Old 05-22-2022, 08:03 PM   #1
Prince Charon

Default [Martial Arts] Hyperskill pets vs moderate-skill warriors

Based on a brief discussion started by this post. So, we start with Sorenant's idea of a house cat with Brawling at 27 (which I would probably only allow in a cinematic game, unless the backstory really impressed me), versus a knight with Broadsword at 12. We'll assume that the knight is armed and armoured, while the cat just has natural weapons, and is about average for a house cat outside of high skill and probably pretty high DX even for a house cat.

The thing is, while the battle-kitty would have difficulty directly injuring the knight, apart from biting the part of the hand that is just covered by fairly thin leather (generally, even if the back of the hand and fingers are protected by plate in late-medieval armour, the rest of the hand won't be, because you need to grab and manipulate things), the skill-disparity is massive, so getting the knight to hurt himself is totally plausible. Not just from critical weapon failures (which was noted in the other thread), but from running into things, or otherwise using the environment against the attacking hoomon.

Thoughts?

"The more corrupt a government, the more it legislates."
-- Tacitus

Five Earths, All in a Row. Updated 12/17/2022: Apocrypha: Bridges out of Time, Part I has been posted.

Last edited by Prince Charon; 05-24-2022 at 10:58 AM.
Prince Charon is offline   Reply With Quote