View Single Post
Old 11-23-2020, 07:33 PM   #134
Hide

Default Re: DreadStormers (OOC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
(...) I'm still a little nervous about how she'll handle laser beams, but the character is looking mostly done.
Thank you, how will you handle defences? In other words, if I dodge a burst of 10 laser beams, am I going to dodge them all by succeeding the roll, or am I going to dodge a number of laser beams accordingly to my margin of success?

I plan to defend like this: With a successful precognitive parry roll, I can parry beams as if I were parrying a melee weapon attack (MA:62). I have a parry of 16, and with karate I can parry twice without penalties, besides this I have acrobatic dodge, retreats and feverish defences (if you allow feverish defences). On the tactical side, with vibration sense I can perceive my enemies without facing them directly, I can scan areas while moving around the ship and pick the most convenient locations or routes during a battle. Finally, I have included a new ability to become stealthier and harder to hit (obscure) so in combination with a successful stealth roll, diversions and my ally’s photorefraction and PK shield abilities I can boost my battle proficiency even more.

I am taking note of your comments; I will try to improve the character accordinlgy:

Last edited by Hide; 12-09-2020 at 12:31 AM.
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote