View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 05:44 AM   #2
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: New Attunement for The Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelaughter View Post
Bill Board Brain

Called "Defensive Advertising" to paying customers, this attunement write an advert over the target's personal symphony, so that any celestial using a Perception-based resonance (or Song) on the target will get an advert as part of their results. So if the attunement includes an advert for Harga's House of Ribs, a Djinn/Cherub will learn how far the target is from the nearest HHoR, and how long they can go without food before consuming HHoR's wares will prevent starvation; a Lilim will automatically detect how much they Need to have some Ribs, or to get a job there, and so on. (If the Lilim has detected a Need higher than the advert can fulfill, then she'll detect two Needs - so a CD of 5 could return a level 1 Need for ribs and an unrelated level 4 Need).

The attunement is particularly useful for aggravating Seraphim, as every statement will have a rider relating to the advert ("It's True that he wasn't there, and he wasn't at Harga's House of Ribs either", "He's lying about the bank account, but hasn't used any of the money to purchase anything at Harga's House of Ribs", "He doesn't actually know, and hasn't tried the Burnt Chunchy Bits from Harga's House of Ribs either!"

The attunement is free and permanent on a willing target; otherwise it costs 2 essence. An unwilling target can make a Will roll to resist, and if unsuccessful may choose to make a Will roll every week to shake off the effect.
It's diabolical! I love it! Though I'd probably make it less than permanent, because I'd get irritated writing the ad into all resonance checks forever.