View Single Post
Old 12-09-2021, 03:08 AM   #17
Opellulo

Default Re: [Basic]What skills for a long con or ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny Brook View Post
That's useful, but I'm still not sure it's what I mean.

It is conceivable to do an undercover operation or a long con alone. So while Leadership would be important for coordinating multiple people doing it, is there a skill that covers coming up with the idea/strategy independent of the coordination function? I suppose maybe there isn't and it's supposed to be purely on players to figure it out.
I think you are approaching the matter with a slightly unfocused view, in the end every con requires specific knowledge of the environment you are moving, so you need the distinct skills to understand what you can do and what you "can con" in any given situation.
From a GM point of view you can require your players to make a long task check involving various skills to come out with a con idea:
- Finance, Administration, Area Knowledge & Law for anything Business related
- Streetwise, Law, Savoir Faire (street/mob) for something like undercover operation
- Any professional skill according to the sector you want to create the con: any Performance/Art, Savoir Faire (High Society) or Gambling are all common tropes.
Imaginative obviously being a bonus.
Once you have the idea then you have to put into action with all the skills suggested in this thread