Thread: Silly Cars
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2021, 12:05 PM   #21
juris

Default Re: Silly Cars

Probably correct but an AM is like an interior tripod weapon that doesn't suffer the -1 penalty for firing hand weapons inside a vehicle. I prefer them to pintle mounts as you can't get your head shot off ;)

From what I remember an AM takes a space by itself, plus the space of the weapon (hand weapons are zero extra spaces), and can be fired by a passenger as you point out. I'd rule that they use the handgunner skill as well. I'd use the rules for tripod weapons and say that a AM is really just a tripod weapon that is fixed in place and cannot be removed in combat.

BTW UACFH has the tripod rules on p142-143 - works for me. A tripod weapon weighs 1/2 the weapon's weight plus 25 lbs, and costs %10 of the weapon.

If using an AM for a hand weapon that's 10% the cost of the weapon, 25 lbs, 1 space. Allows a hand weapon like a HAVR to be fired from a fixed position without a -1 penalty for using a hand weapon. The weapon is fixed in place and cannot be removed in combat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordtart View Post
The articulated mount needs a lot more work before it can be used out of the C&C niche where these questions do not arise. I think the tripod rules and pintle rules replace the mount (for post C&C games) and make it obsolete which is why it never made it into CWC 2.5 or UACFH.

juris is offline   Reply With Quote