View Single Post
Old 07-10-2020, 08:46 AM   #13
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
"Thanks for the tour, now I guess I better get a good look at the drives. Any quirks of them from your last service onboard I should know about?"
Pothi: "When we're spinning up for a Hyperspace Jump they'll often get into a resonance with the gravity plates. Most the problems occur during the spin up for the hyperspace jump. Which is probably better than the alternative, problems when spinning down. The Plasma emmiters sometimes get gummed up with sheild-dust. That happens on any warship, but here it happens mostly on the lower-port side. Not sure why."

The Drive was cutting edge Malu technology, when it was designed 50 years ago with distance per jump (and therefore speed) in mind. Nightfall would have been a fast ship, strategically speaking. She wouldn't be now, not against a major power, but she is one of the faster vessels in the Jakorbi force. One of the reasons she was chosen as a Dreadstormer target.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote