View Single Post
Old 03-19-2021, 01:32 PM   #43
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Telrith, Gottfried has the spear, so I guess that would be confusing.

My friends actually call me "White Crow"; but you could let him call me "White" or "Crow" (if it's a single word what you need). And my weapon is the bow.
Ahh... his weapon is the arrow, not the spear. You can call him Crow. He is our eyes, eyes, and warning voice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Golems are interesting creatures, Telrith; How they feed? Do they fight?
Telrith leans against a nearby tree:

"Well, Tigerstone and Mulch here are earth Elementals. They're spirits of the Prime Element Earth, embodied building blocks of the universe. Earth is the most fundamental of all of them, the most fundamental piece. I've called them from the plane of earth, and offered them temporary bodies on this world. I did not create their animating force, though I did bring them here. Their bodies were created by both of us working together. Mulch has that shaggy decaying look because that's who he is in any body. Same for Tigerstone's stripes. Tomorrow, I'll try to find some different elementals to help us out, and they'll look a little different. Sometimes I find more, sometimes I find less. I usually find more Talking Rocks like Tigerstone here, and fewer Earth Servants like Mulch, but I'm glad we have Mulch today, because he's stronger than the talking rocks."

"Golems, on the other hand, are constructs made by wizards. Their bodies are carefully sculpted out of clay, shaped over the course of a year to a wizard's specification. Their are a few different ways to get the intelligence for a golem, but if an elemental is used, it is very much changed. Golems last until they are destroyed and are quite valuable."

"Mulch and Tigerstone here will stay with us until tonight, or until something takes apart the bodies I gave them. Then they'll return to the elemental plane of earth, leaving their bodies behind."

"I brought them here to serve. Mostly in combat, but Mulch is also pretty good for brute labor, especially digging. Earth elementals are unsubtle fighters. They can take a beating, especially the rocks like tigerstone, but they aren't much for agility. Tigerstone here is tough enough that it often won't matter."

Quote:
You do give life to art.
"I didn't design them. They look that way because that's who they are."

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicious Violence View Post
They call me "digger" cause thatś what I do, I dig graves and kill monsters
"You were a grave digger before? Or do you bury the monsters after you kill them?"

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote