View Single Post
Old 08-14-2015, 06:31 AM   #3
T.K.

Default Re: Gurps Thaumatology S̶o̶r̶c̶e̶r̶y̶ Star Wars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannes665 View Post
Hi.

I have been reading over Sorcery and I started to think... would this not be great conversion for Star Wars Force powers?

The Advantage could be called Force Sensitivity from level 1 to 10. Force Talent and so on.

In my Gurps Star Wars games I have Light Side Points and Dark Side Points they grant extra bonuses to Force skills and "spells" (I use spell based system for my games). They are granted at character generation according to disadvantages. For every 5 points of X disads you can either get Dark Side points or Light Side points. For example Bad Temper (12) -10 would give 2 dark side points while Canīt harm innocent would give Light side points.

But that is not why I mentioned those points but rather I was thinking... could I use these points in Sorcery/Star Wars to grant bonuses like if you spend 1 Light Side point you get +2 FP to use in Hardcore improvised Dark Side power like Choke? So Jedi Knight Mullan has 5 Light Side points and he looses his cool/temper and decides to Choke Sith Master Brutus but he has to use Hardcore Improvise to do it and itīs a Dark Side power so he should sacrifice his LS points for it? Also I was thinking for someone durning to the Dark Side he could sacrifice his LS points for Character points to use to build Dark Side power. But no further down than -3 Dark Side points. Is this game breaking or?

OR does this not make sense.
hmmm...I think it's backwards afaik.

Wouldn't someone with more Dark Side points be deeper on the dark side and thus stronger there? Talking in terms of mechanics and points here...

I mean, if I understand what you're saying a powerful Dark Lord Sith would need to have many LS points so he can use many DS effects? If that's so, doesn't make much sense to me
T.K. is offline   Reply With Quote