View Single Post
Old 09-20-2020, 08:45 PM   #259
Otaku

Default Re: (Another) World of Superhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHowl View Post
IRL, genetics does not give people a floor in capabilities. Depending on education, environment, experiences, etc., genetics gives a probabilistic average of capabilities, but people can range easily to 20% below to 20% above this average without any major anomalies in their life. For example, a stroke in adulthood can cause to become a savant in a specific area after healing (or, more likely, leave them a vegetable).
Real genetics doesn't include your base Supers Package, and Class I through IV Supers concept. Considering I already mentioned that it was possible even someone with good genetics wouldn't manifest, I would hope context made it clear; I just mean that, if a Super manifests at all, they're still at least Class I. I'm not married to that concept, just trying to stick to one of the parameters you gave us.

Wait. Wait. Wait. I re-read your comment, AlexanderHowl, and now I'm a bit confused. Did you catch that I've been discussing this change in the context of initial power manifestation? Your last sentence doesn't make sense when viewed in that light.
My GURPS Fourth Edition library consists of Basic Set: Characters, Basic Set: Campaigns, Martial Arts, Powers, Powers: Enhanced Senses, Power-Ups 1: Imbuements, Power-Ups 2: Perks, Power-Ups 3: Talents, Power-Ups 4: Enhancements, Power-Ups 6: Quirks, Power-Ups 8: Limitations, Powers, Social Engineering, Supers, Template Toolkit 1: Characters, Template Toolkit 2: Races, one issue of Pyramid (3/83) a.k.a. Alternate GURPS IV, GURPS Classic Rogues, and GURPS Classic Warriors. Most of which was provided through the generosity of others. Thanks! :)

Last edited by Otaku; 09-21-2020 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Noticed all the typos; revised whole post for clarity and corrections.
Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote