View Single Post
Old 04-14-2020, 05:00 PM   #34
kirbwarrior

Default Re: Fixing round length in GURPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polydamas View Post
Has anyone brought up the common house rule that when its your character's turn, you have to act or ask quick technical questions ("how does X work/I want to take her weapon away, what is that called in GURPS?" NOT "is an attack with the sword or the mace better against my opponent given my stats, injury level, and the curse which was cast three turns ago?") or your character chooses Do Nothing?
Do Nothing seems far too punishing, especially on players that don't have the ability to process and think quickly. For that kind of situation there's usually a 'default' assumption the character will do; A fencer with no good openings defaults to All Out Defend (Extra), the archer might default to Vitals Shot to the closest enemy to give them some room to breathe, and in a recent game the party wizard would use Soul Blast which was a powerful corrosion IA with Emanation and Selective Area to just blow everything apart other than allies if no other options presented themselves.
kirbwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote