View Single Post
Old 03-05-2021, 08:33 AM   #1
JulianLW

Default [Supers] Marvel Movies Power Level?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
The Basic Set and previous publications (most notably 3e's Compendium I) set "human maximum" at 20 in all four main stats. That cap has been there since 1e in '86, as far as I know. What Supers is saying is that in comics some characters who are otherwise normal humans can be said to have scores that exceed 20, which is otherwise a game no-no, and that the GM is well within his rights to say that "super-normals", or characters who are human with skills and stats exceptional enough to help them take down low-powered super-adversaries, can buy up their stats beyond 20.

Consider the movie versions of Black Widow and Hawkeye. She quite possibly has a DX score up around 20-25, while he not only has a Bow skill up around 30 but a DX score of 20+ and a Per (or at least Vision) score of 25 (though quite possibly with Bad Sight (Farsighted)), all raised through training rather than super-soldier experimentation.

I've also seen one Batman build that was 20s across the board in stats, and one that had 25s in DX and HT with 20s in ST and IQ. Why that high? "He's Batman."
I believe I've seen Phantasm comment in a few places that his GURPS versions of the Marvel heroes are not as high-powered as the recent MCU movie versions. But because the movie versions of these characters are so readily accessible, I'm curious what y'all think the point values and/or stats are for some of these characters? I'd be happy to hear your ballpark guesses on how you'd stat the Chris Evans Captain America or the Tom Holland Spider-Man, especially what you think their point value ranges are.

What kind of DX score does it take to fight - and beat - all those drones over the London Bridge (Tower Bridge?) in Spider-Man: Far From Home, for example?

Approximately what is the power level/point value being depicted in these movies?

Thanks in advance, everybody!

Last edited by JulianLW; 03-05-2021 at 08:39 AM.
JulianLW is offline   Reply With Quote