View Single Post
Old 02-20-2021, 10:16 AM   #4
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: Character Collections for TFT - on Kickstarter Feb 19 to Mar 9

A comment from The Fantasy Trip Discord Channel was too good to not repost. So here, with permission from the poster, is a bit of love for "Character Collections for TFT"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglum
"It is so great that we are going to see these materials somehow, by hook or by crook. I'm sure the markers will be a cool addition, but the character volumes and cards will make a huge difference at the table. When it comes to these sorts of materials, the key idea is the old Stalin quotation: "quantity has a quality all its own". 10 character cards is a novelty. 100 character cards is a resource. Hundreds of character cards is a functionally infinite support for nearly any kind of TFT game experience you can imagine. And the volumes let you use those cards as either a simple stat block for a 'drop in' friend or foe in an encounter, or as the starting point for a fully fleshed out NPC or PC with a lasting role in a campaign. Again, having 10 such things is sort of interesting, but having hundreds opens up limitless possibilities. I'd say this KS has the potential to impact people's play at least as much as DoD did."
Just to emphasize some of this, here are the potential card counts if we hit all the goals:
* CC1: 20 cards
* CC2: 40 cards
* CC3: 72 cards
*5PJ 63 cards
* MPJ: 204 cards in three decks
* CC4: 40 cards
* CC5: 64 cards
* CC6: 72 cards
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote