View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 09:44 AM   #6
hal

Default Re: GURPS Equipment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whswhs View Post
I don't know why I'd need that in 2017. If I want to know the prices for things like that, there are a lot of stores with online catalogs. Checking amazon, I find table saw, 67 lbs., $218; polo shirt, no weight given, $18; battle dress uniform jacket, 1 lb., $80.
And that route requires that you take the time to compile such a list - which is no biggie for those of us who aren't lazy... ;)

Unfortunately, it also causes concern about how accurate values given in GURPS sources really are.

For instance? We looked up the 10x25mm Auto bullets online. One place was selling them for about $19 for 50 bullets (not including S&H I suspect). It dropped by as much as $2 for bulk orders of boxes in excess of 20+ (for a total of $17 x 21 = $357 for 21x50 or 1050 bullets. That works out to a per bullet cost of $.34 per round. At $19 per 50 bullets, that works out to $.38 per round (Vs GURPS $.6). Could the prices have been 60 cents a bullet when GURPS HIGH TECH for 4e first came out? Absolutely. It may have been a new round just hitting the market, or perhaps there had been a spike in prices at that time. Hard for me to know.

In any event, this is an idea - whether anything comes of it, is another question.
hal is offline   Reply With Quote