View Single Post
Old 06-02-2021, 12:20 PM   #50
Varyon

Default Re: [DF] A Portal Fantasy within a Dungeon Fantasy: Where's Alice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymathee View Post
Oh, given the previous quote from Characters I gave I'm not so keen on sticking too closely to the guidelines for realistic stats. The point is that she have usable primary attributes for a DF campaign, which she has. She's some sort of prodigy child perhaps, but even if she ages her adult stats could possibly cap off at lower numbers than the suggestions provided in the book.
Yeah, that also works, and is kind of what I was getting at with the idea of her having matured early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymathee View Post
Maybe my math was off? I thought 13 would be roughly ~90% of 15. So adult Alice would have IQ 15 and DX 15... DX 15, sure, but conceptually I'd cap adult Alice's IQ at 13. Young Alice is just a exceptional little girl. She'd have to be to get through Dungeonland in one piece.
No, your math was fine for a 10-year-old, mine was for a 7-year-old. Also, I made an error, thinking all of ST, DX, and IQ were at 80% at age 10, rather than the latter two being at 90%. That would change things for my suggestions - if 13 is 65% (where age 7 would fall roughly fall), the adult score would be 20, which is still enormous. Semi-realistically, if adult Alice is meant to be ST 10, DX 15, and IQ 13, 7-year-old Alice would likely be ST 6, DX 10 (rounded up from 9.75), and IQ 8 (rounded down from 8.45). Your stats should be fine, particularly for purposes of DF, but that should give you an idea of just how exceptional your Alice is for her age. Not being familiar with the module, I'll simply take your word for it that such would be necessary to survive, even with her incredible luck.

Of course, if you wanted to have the stats you gave her scale up as I described when she gets older (provided the party is successful in saving her), that can certainly also work. She may well end up a fairly legendary adventurer or similar.