View Single Post
Old 03-01-2019, 07:56 PM   #136
DreadDomain

Default Re: GURPS Supers Alternatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by naloth View Post
This version of WW is better. As a GM I'd probably require conditions for how/when she could be stripped of her powers, but that's more a campaign background type thing. Because of how Binding works in GURPS (permanent, chipped away), I would probably change it to an Affliction (Daze? Paralysis?). If you're going to keep it as Binding, no layering and resisting vs ST only probably should be added.
Ok, I have tweaked Wonder Woman again. At this stage, I believe I have reached the same level of development as Superman (i.e. I could tweak forever but it's good enough). My main worry is that her defenses might be too high.

First, I relooked at Binding and Afflication for the Lasso and Binding really is the effect I want. It's a lot more straight forward as a mechanic. Nonetheless, I have added Unbreakable and One-Shot so you can using try to break free and there is no layeing effect.

Second, her Univeral Translator ability was bugging me because I thought it was very expensive for a secondary power. Since I had decided to embrace Wildcards, I have replaced the ability with two Language Wildcards (I wondered if just one was enough).

Third, I realised I had costed Amazon Warrior! wrongly so I fixed it and improved it by 1. At 21, I know feel she really is one of the best warrior of the world. It does push her defenses fairly high though.

Fourth, I replaced a bunch of her skills whith two new Wildcards, Museum Curator! and Ambassador! I decided to use the WC relatively freeform, inspired from the list in Power-Ups: Wildcard but flavoured and tweaked to suit.

Wonder Woman v4 [1500]
CHARACTERISTICS [140]
ST 60 DX 14 IQ 13 HT 15
HP 60 Per 13 Will 15 FP 15
Thr Dam 13d BL 1 ktons Speed 8 Move 8

ATTACKS-------------DODGE 12-----------SUPER BLOCK 11
Punch (21) 14d cr, Parry 14
Shortsword Swing (22) 14d+2(2) cut, Parry 15
Shortsword Thrust (22) 14d(2) imp, Parry 15
Shield Bash (21) 16d cr, Block 16 (including DB 2 from Shield)
Lasso Grab (21) Binding 40, Range 10 yards
Truthsayer (23 vs Will) Hearing-Based Mind Probe, Target must be binded
Bracelet Blast (20) 17d cr, Range 20, Cone (5 yrds), Select, 2xKB, Takes 2s

POWERS [880] • all powers (Amazon -5%)
Body of Gaia ST+48, DX+2, HT+4, Speed+0.75, Crushing Fist [547]
Toughness of Gaia Damage Resistance 5; Damage Reduction (3); High Pain Threshold; Regeneration (Regular), Very Fit [145]
Amazon Durability Doesn’t Breathe (Oxygen Storage/25); Pressure Support 2; Temperature Support 8; Unaging; Vacuum Support [42]
Speed of Hermes 40 (2,500) Flight +24, Space plus Enhanced Move (Flight) 6, Travel Time [146]

EQUIPMENT [178]
BRACELETS OF VICTORY • Gadget: Can Be Stolen (Forceful), Unique
Bracelets Blast Natural Weapon Crushing Damage, Increased Damage (+2 per die), Ranged, Cone (5 yrds), Selectivity, Double Knockback, Unbreakable, Requires both hands, Takes Extra Time (2s) [21]
Bracelets Deflection Cosmic Defense (Parry) [17]

SHIELD • Gadget: Can Be Stolen (Forceful)
Shield Bash +2d cr, Melee Attack (1), ST-Based [15]
Shield Block Enhanced Block +2 [7]

SHORTSWORD OF HEPHAESTUS
Forged by the Gods Sw Cut and Thr Imp damage, Armor Divisor (2) plus Signature Gear plus Weapon Bond [54]

MAGIC LASSO • Gadget: Can Be Stolen (Quick Contest, Disarm), Unique
Lasso Grab Binding 60, All-Out, One-Shot, Reduced Range (10 yrds), Unbreakable, Feature (Binding equals user’s ST) [39]
Truthsayer Mind Probe, Follow-Up, Reliable 10, Hearing-Based [26]

ADVANTAGES [192]
Amazon Princess Reputation +3, Almost everyone, All the time; [15]
Amazon Warrior Combat Reflexes, Trained by a Master; Weapon Master (Shortsword, Shield, Lasso) [75]
Ambassador of Themyscira Rank 5; Empathy; Indo-European Languages! Afro-Asiatic Languages! [76]
Beauty of Aphrodite Appearance (Very Beautiful) +2/+6; Charisma 2 [26]

RELATIONSHIPS [0]
Steve Trevor, Etta Candy and the whole gang Contact Groups, Skill 15-, Rarely 6-, Usually Reliable plus Dependent Rarely 6- [0]
Themyscira Contact Groups, Skill 15-, Rarely 6-, Usually Reliable [10]
Rogue Gallery Enemy, Rarely 6-, Medium size group [-10]

DISADVANTAGES [-32]
Ambassador of Themyscira Duty, Rarely 6- [-2]
Code Versus Killing Pacifism; Cannot Harm Innocents [-10]
Protective of Themyscira Sense of Duty [-10]
Secret Id, Diana Prince Harassment/relatives may be threatened [-10]

SKILLS [142]
Acrobatics (DX/H) 12 [1]; Acting (IQ/A) 12 [1]; Ambassador! (WC) 13 [12]; Amazon Warrior! (WC) 21 [108]; Animal Handling (IQ/A) 12 [1]; Boating (DX/A) 14 [1]; Computer Operations (IQ/E) 13 [1]; Detect Lies (IQ/H) 14 [1]; First Aid (IQ/E) 13 [1]; Museum Curator! (WC) 13 [12]; Navigation (IQ/A) 12 [1]; Riding (DX/A) 13 [1]; Stealth (DX/A) 13 [1]

Amazon Warrior! Includes Bow, Fast-Draw, Judo, Karate, Lasso, Shield, Shortsword, Tactics, Throwing, Wrestling and Acrobatics and Riding in combat
Ambassador! Includes Administration, Current Affairs, Diplomacy, Law, Leadership, Politics, Public Speaking, Savoir-Faire as well as Area Knowledge limited by area of exercise, Dancing for formal occasions and Psychology when it comes to understand motives and influence people
Museum Curator! Includes All specialties of Anthropology, Archaeology, Cartography, History, Paleontology and Research; the historical versions of Area Knowledge, Current Affairs, Geography, Heraldry, Philosophy, Sociology and Theology; and the “academic” and historical elements of the various artistic skills. Also removes Cultural Familiarity penalties for all historical eras, and halves them for parallel histories.

In this version she:
- Is one of the best warrior on the planet with a skill of 21, Combat Reflexes, Trained by a Master and Weapon Master
- Can take a lot of punishment with a small Damage Resistance but an impressive Damage Reduction
- has defenses that are very difficult to bypass, stopping any kind of direct hit with her shield or deflecting bullets and exotic attacks with her bracelets
- Is immortal and can survive in pretty much any hostile environment
- Can pierce the front armor of a tank with a punch or deliver devastating blows with her shortsword
- Can project her strength by taking the time to focus and smash her bracelets together. Note that she would need to drop shield and shortsword to do so
- Can immomilize almost any foes in her lasso and compel them to say the truth. To do so she must use an All-Out Maneuver and actively hold the person in place for the Binding to remain in effect. If she lets go for any reason, the restrained person can get out of the Lasso in a single maneuver (no contest). He will nonetheless be compelled to tell the truth as long as he touches the lasso.
- Fly at 140 km/h and "sprint" at 9000 km/h, flying from Paris to New-York in 45 minutes
- Is an accomplished Museum Curator in Paris as well as an Ambassador for Themiscyra, speaking a majority of the human languages
- Is one of the most well-known and well liked hero on the planet, combining reputation, charisma, beauty and a bunch of soft skills in her Ambassador! Skillset

Last edited by DreadDomain; 03-01-2019 at 10:11 PM.
DreadDomain is offline   Reply With Quote