View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015, 09:19 AM   #11
Varyon

Default Re: Armor for points, not money

Back when I made my Mass and Volume system, I worked out what the Disadvantage value of "intrinsic encumbrance" (that is, weight that counts against encumbrance) would be. It turns out to be around [-1] for every +BL/10 lb up to +2*BL, after which point it is [-1] for every +3*BL/10 lb. You'd incorporate these as Temporary Disadvantages.

Stealth/Holdout/etc penalties should be covered with Temporary Disadvantage: Noisy. DX penalties for things like thigh armor would simply be Temporary Disadvantage: Reduced DX. The helmet can serve to negate the character's Peripheral Vision Advantage (if applicable) and may give further vision penalties, all as a Temporary Disadvantage. Cannot Wear Armor -40% may be appropriate, although I'd drop that to -20% or so if you're able to layer it with flexible armor (but note you'll be taking a DX penalty when doing so). You should probably build the full Advantage, then use that as the base cost to apply Gadget and Preparation Required Limitations. Realistically, you should probably have boosted DR on the the Skull and Chest, reduced on the Neck and Joints. Presence of Armor Gaps may be worth -5%.
Varyon is online now   Reply With Quote