View Single Post
Old 03-06-2021, 04:49 PM   #21
Purple Snit

Default Re: [Supers] Marvel Movies Power Level?

If I were to plan a MCU-style campaign, I would say minimum of 500 points for character creation, but I wouldn't enforce a hard ceiling.
Avengers stories have Thor and Black Widow in the same adventure, and it's all in the writing, in giving everyone something to do [Thor isn't a spy with assassin training, Natasha isn't a God...]. The same applies to campaigns. You have to set the campaign ground rules before hand, and require good origin stories from original characters, but it's possible to have 500-pt "normals" and 5,000-pt "Gods" in the same game; I've done it. It's work, but it can be a lot of fun, too. It's not about nerfing the Hulk or Thor; it's about including things for Daredevil and Iron Fist to do as part of the adventure [I]in addition to[I] the cosmic badassery of punching Chitarii leviathans.
There isn't a hard-and-fast "how many points would you give everyone", because you can't build Spidey and Venom, Iron Man and Hawkeye, on the same number of points, they are too different in terms of mortality, abilities, skills, and powers. But you can set a minimum, and make sure the players know what you are trying to do so they work within the cinematic scope of the campaign.
Hopefully this is helpful.
Purple Snit is offline   Reply With Quote