View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 04:10 PM   #2
mlangsdorf

Default Re: Firing Guns with Multiple Arms

As far as I can tell, you're at -4 for using a non-dominant hand and there is no way, RAW, to make 4 attacks in a single maneuver without having Extra Attack. You can make a dual-weapon attack at -4 on both attacks. So the best you can get is -4/-8.

At her option, the GM may allow you to make more than 1 extra Rapid Strike (MA127). These are normally at -6 to all attacks per extra attack. If this were a multi-hand Combination (MA80), it looks like the additional attacks would be at -5 per attack.

Going with the combination progression, you'd be looking at -14 in penalties for the rapid strikes/dual weapon strikes, and -4 in penalties for handiness. That would look something like: -14/-18/-18/-18. With Multidexterity*, the -4 penalty for non-dominant hands goes away, putting you at -14/-14/-14/-14. Assuming a maxed-out dual-weapon attack technique at skill and no Multidexterity, you go to -10/-14/-14/-14, or -10/-10/-10/-10 with Multidexterity. If the GM lets you buy up a Quad-Attack combination, you could bring the penalty down to 0/0/0/0. Assuming you have Multidexterity and are buying down the -10 penalty, it would cost 16 points to buy the technique at maximum.

All this is a guess based on reading the rules. Kromm may come back and correct me.

* I think having all arms being equally dominant is just 5 point Ambidexterity, but I can't find a definite rules quote to that effect.
mlangsdorf is online now   Reply With Quote